INSIDE THIS ARTICLE
Who is Emily Rodda?
Emily Rodda is a pseudonym for Jennifer Rowe, who was born and raised in Sydney, Australia. She graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Emily Rodda began her career in the publishing world, first as a book editor, and then finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson. Emily Rodda was first published with her first book Something Special, which was published in 1984.
2nd April 1948 (as Jennifer Rowe), in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Science Fiction and Fantasy, Children’s Fantasy.
Something Special (1984)
Published by Angus & Robertson
4.17 out of 5 on GoodReads
The Hungry Isle (2016)
Star of Deltora #4
Published by Scholastic
4.16 out of 5 on Goodreads
Below you can find out more about the book series that Emily Rodda has done and the best reading order for them.
- 1994 – CBCA: Book of the Year for Younger Readers – Rowan of Rin
- 1999 – Dymock’s Children’s Choice Awards: Favourite Australian Younger Reader Book – Rowan of Rin Series
- 2002 – KOALA award (NSW children’s choice) – Deltora Quest series
- 2002 – Aurealis Awards: Peter McNamara Convenors’ Award – Deltora Quest series
- 2002 – WA Young Reader’s Book Awards: Most Popular Book – Deltora Quest – The Forests of Silence
Isn’t it amazing how it’s always the very people who insist other people be grateful for charity that get the most insulted when they’re offered charity themselves? I’ve often noticed it.
Want to Know More?
If you have enjoyed any of Emily Rodda’s work and want to learn more about her or any other of her other work she completed, then feel free to check out her website.
If you have enjoyed any of Emily Rodda’s work, then we think that you would enjoy the work of these authors below.
For More of Anything: